Licensed Professional Counselor, MS, LPC
I grew up near London, England. As a child I traveled often, living in the Middle East for several years, and visiting much of Asia. Through my travels, I eventually came to the US as a youth and settled in the Midwest. In my free time, you can find me working out, advocating for leading a healthy lifestyle, or reading. From a professional perspective, I have worked in the mental health field since 16 years old, working with all levels of care and issues. I have experience with chronically mentally ill patients struggling with severe attachment issues, depression and anxiety symptoms.
Seeking a counselor is not indicative of weakness, but strength. I believe clients are always trying their best, in their relationships and around their families. This attitude is because I see myself as an advocate for my patients. I want to sit in the arena displaying empathy, understanding and courage.
Therapy is key when people feel defeated, depressed and scared. If I could sum up my therapy style in just a few words, it would be, "giving clients the skill of tenacity." I want to empower clients to learn how to make sense of the pain and suffering they experience.
- Triple Citizen: American, British, and Israeli
- Played 3 years of college soccer
- Has a never-ending collection of essential oils
- Avid Harry Potter reader
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology — Ozark Christian College, Joplin, MO
- Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy and Community Counseling — John Brown University, Siloam Springs, AR
- Completed Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship
- In-Training for Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- In-Training for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy